Whether your asking questions about tiger nut and fertility, tiger nut and female fertility, tiger nut for fertility perhaps youve asked ,does tiger nut boost fertility or is tiger nut good for fertility ? the questions are all the same to me but before i answer
About Fresh Tiger nuts ; what are tiger nuts ?
Tiger nut (Cyperus esculentus) is a member of the sedge family. It is a tuber although is often thought of as a nut. It grows in many regions of the world including Africa, Europe, Asia etc. It is often considered a weed in some places. In #Nigeria, tiger nut is called Ofio by the Yorubas, Aki hausa by the Igbos and Aya by the Hausas. Tiger nut can be used to make a drink called kunnu aya by the Hausas.
Aside from people who wish to buy tiger nuts and already know about it, so many who do not know tend to ask questions about things like benefits of tiger nuts or health benefits of tiger nuts, tiger nut and fertility, tiger nuts milk,tiger nuts nutrition, tiger nuts nutrition facts,tiger nuts and sperm count,how to eat tiger nuts,side effects of tiger nuts,benefits of tiger nuts,tiger nut and fertility, tiger nut and female fertility, tiger nut and pregnancy, tiger nut and dates, tiger nut and coconut juice, tiger nut and diabetes and even tiger nut and weight loss. All these questions and more are answered below.
Tiger nut is a good source of calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, ascorbic acid (Vitamin C), tocopherol (Vitamin E), dietary fibre as well as fats like oleic acid. A good way of incorporating the nut into your diet for those asking how to eat tiger nut , is by eating them or by blending it and draining to make Kunnu Aya (tiger nut milk) which can also be sweetened with honey.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF TIGER NUTS IN PREGNANCY OR BENEFITS OF TIGER NUTS IN PREGNANCY :
Tiger Nuts contain plenty of important nutrients that are particularly essential during pregnancy. Pregnant women must consume 5 ounce protein on a daily basis. One ounce of tiger nut contains 2 ounce of protein as per USDA. hence discussing tiger nuts and pregnancy is a must.
- Nuts are a rich source of vitamin B and E.
- Essential minerals such as phosphorous, potassium, zinc, selenium, copper are also present in high amounts that are essential for proper development of the fetus.
- Nuts are a good source of fat.
- The shelled nuts must be stored in airtight containers or in a fridge to ensure they do not go rancid.
- Nuts roasted in oil contain unnecessary calories and high amount of protein.
- Nuts when toasted taste good, but reduce the nutrient content.
- Nuts such as peanuts, almonds, cashews and walnuts are high in fat and are good sources of minerals and vitamins.
- Nuts can be a good choice when you are looking for healthy snacking options.
Hence benefits of tiger nuts in pregnancy cannot be over emphasized, however it should be consumed in moderation
Tiger nut and female fertility facts
It helps inIncreased production of oestrogen
Extracts of tiger nut has been found to increase the female reproductive hormones oestrogen. This hormone is responsible for the development and regulation of the female reproductive system and secondary sex characteristics A study carried out by Agbai E.O and Nwanengwo C. O showed that methanolic extract of Cyperus esculentus significantly increased serum estrogen level as the dose concentration of extract increased.
It helps in Presence of the antioxidant, Vitamin E
Research has also shown that vitamin E, present in tiger nut can help trigger normal menstruation and prevent ovulation decline, which is one of the reasons many older women have trouble getting pregnant . It can also be useful for those undergoing fertility treatments, boosting the success rate of pregnancy . Vitamin E plays a very good role in formation and maintenance of the placenta and also prevent premature rupture of the amniotic sac in pregnancy.
IT HELPS IN INCREASE PRODUCTION OF BREAST MILK
nursing mothers are advised to eat a lot of tiger nuts for enough production of breast milk to satisfy their babies also the black specie of the tiger nuts is an excellent medicine for breast lumps and cancer. Tiger nuts helps to prevent fibrosis as well as blockage of the tip of the fallopian tube.
For those who wish to know the benefits of tiger nut milk , health benefits of tiger nut milk or tiger nut milk benefits they are the same with those written above those asking about tiger nuts and date drink, the combination enhances its fertility attributes.
HOW TO MAKE TIGER NUT DRINK
Ingredients for tiger nuts milk
Tiger nuts milk
2 Cup Tiger nuts, 1 medium sized ginger, coconut, date fruits as substitute for sugar.
- Wash tiger nuts thoroughly and leave in a bowl of clean water to soak for about 2 – 3 hours (soak overnight if using very dry tiger nuts).
- Rinse and soak dates for just about an hour in a separate bowl.
3.Deseed dates and put them with the soaked tiger nuts into the blender.
- Also add your diced coconut, ginger and then blend on high speed into creamy smooth puree.
- Strain and filter the puree by pouring into a fine mesh or cloth.
- Pour mash back into blender, add some water and blend again for a minute.
- Redo the straining process and combine extracted milk with the first set.
- Your delicious tiger nut milk is ready to be enjoyed right away with ice or refrigerated!
If your bothered about how to preserve tiger nut drink just refrigerate the tiger nut milk and it can last up to 3 days.
Source: Bellar Mart